Alfred Angelo stores around the nation closed suddenly last week. AA announced that they filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy on 7/14/2017 and have closed all stores and shut down all operations. (WE DO NOT CARRY ALFRED ANGELO so our brides have nothing to worry about.) When something like this happens it is sad for our bridal industry, but more important it’s heartbreaking for AA brides and staff who are left with unanswered questions.
If there are any brides who need help with their wedding gown or bridal party attire, please let us know. We are here to help. We will do all we can to make sure you are ready for your special day.
♥ Sale extended thru 7/28
♥ 25-70% off all wedding dresses in our showroom
♥Discounts on special order gowns
♥Replication Alfred Angelo bridesmaid dresses by our private designer
♥Payment plans for wedding dresses. Please share and/or tag any Alfred Angelo brides you may know.
Please know as the owner of Occasions Bridal Formal Tuxedo, it is my personal mission to be an active and involved owner with a dedicated staff who work closely with our brides and clients. We take pride in being a locally-owned business that contributes to our local economy and the lives of our clients and staff.
I’m so sorry AA brides are going through this right now. It is not a situation anyone could ever imagine. And it is truly heartbreaking. Please know that your local and independently-owned bridal salon is here to help in any way we can.
– Donna Lynas – Owner
Alfred Angelo issues a statement about their operations.
WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW TO TRY AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK
This information is provided as a courtesy only. Always rely on a legal expert for professional advise.
1. Call your credit card company. Immediately contact your credit card company and refuse the charge. If you paid for your dress with a credit card, you may be able to get a refund.
2. Keep an eye on your local store. Stores sometimes re-open for “liquidation sales”. You may be able to pick up a new dress at a deep discount during one of these sales,
3. Don’t count on a refund. You can attempt to get in line for any proceedings as a result of the bankruptcy. Contact Patricia Redmond. According to the bankruptcy filing creditors have until November 17th to file a proof of claim against Alfred Angelo. Keep in mind, consumers or buyers of the product are usually the last in line. Large creditors are going to get the majority of whatever money or value may be left in the company.
4. Contact Margaret Smith regarding your order status. She is the appointed trustee for the bankruptcy.
5. Check the Alfred Angelo website regularly. They are stating that they will post information about the status of dresses as it becomes available.